Sharp’s GP2Y1010AU0F is an optical air quality sensor, or may also known as optical dust sensor, is designed to sense dust particles. An infrared emitting diode and a phototransistor are diagonally arranged into this device, to allow it to detect the reflected light of dust in air. It is especially effective in detecting very fine particles like cigarette smoke, and is commonly used in air purifier systems.
To interface with this sensor, you need to connect to its 6-pin, 1.5mm pitch connector by using mating connector.
- Low Current Consumption (MAX: 20mA)
- Typical Operating Voltage: 4.5V to 5.5V (MAX: 7V)
- The presence of dust can be detected by the photometry of only one pulse
- Enable to distinguish smoke from house dust
- Dimensions: 1.81 x 1.18 x 0.69” (46.0 x 30.0 x 17.6mm)